The Wachau Cycling Days take place!
As organisers, we are pleased that the Wachau Cycling Days can be held in the usual way on 18 July 2021. We are taking on a pioneering role and are one of the first cycling marathons in Austria to be able to get back into full swing after the COVID 19-caused break last year.
According to recent announcements by the federal government, participation in the event requires the 3-G rule. The collection of contact details for contact tracing purposes is already done as part of the online registration process. Of course, a comprehensive COVID-19 prevention concept will be developed and carefully implemented on site by a COVID-19 officer. A strong sense of responsibility towards our participants and partners remains our top priority.
The following proofs are valid for participation in the Wachau Cycling Days:
- EU vaccination certificate for one COVID-19 vaccination between 19.04.2021 up to and including 26.06.2021 or two COVID-19 vaccinations (except Johnson & Johnson)
- A valid COVID-19 test (PCR test after Thursday, 15.07. 17:00 or antigen rapid test after Friday, 16.07. 17:00). A rapid antigen test can be done on Friday in Langenlois (Kamptalstraße 83) from 17:00 to 20:00 and also on Friday in Weißenkirchen (Landstraße 312) from 17:00 to 19:00. Further test opportunities can be found at www.oesterreich-testet.at.
- A confirmation of survived infection or a certificate of isolation after 19.01.2021 as well as proof of neutralizing antibodies after 19.04.2021
Please also adhere to the following hygiene measures:
- Wash and disinfect hands frequently
- Refrain from handshakes & hugs
- Do not touch face
- Sneeze or cough into the crook of your arm or a handkerchief
The start number can only be handed out in person upon presentation of one of the above listed proofs as well as a photo ID. Thank you very much for your help!