With this message we would like to inform you about our current decision-making processes and keep you up to date.
Dear friends of the Wachauer Radtage,
we have been observing the current situation around COVID-19 very closely and due to the mostly optimistic developments we hoped for further improvements for outdoor sports events in summer - unfortunately this has not happened yet. However, it is important for us to inform you about our current decision-making processes and to keep you up to date:
In the current dynamic times, in which new rules and regulations are set up almost weekly and laws are passed at short notice, it is almost impossible to organize an event on the scale of the Wachauer Radtage in your best interest. Despite the fact that the legal basis is still missing and unclear, we are fully aware of our social responsibility - nothing is more important than the health of every single participant. We also do not want to claim the preventive blue-light organizations (emergency doctors, paramedics, policemen), which have to be ensured at an event of our size, in the time of an epidemic, when they are needed more urgently elsewhere.
For this reason we are currently examining the possibility of postponing the Wachauer Radtage and Vintage Tour until September 2020.
Key facts for a possible postponement:
- New possible dates: Vintage Tour on Saturday, 12th and the competitions of the Wachauer Radtage on Sunday, 13th September 2020
- All already purchased starting places remain fully valid! You don't have to do anything for that!
- Those participants who unfortunately do not have time on the new date can have their entry fee refunded. For this purpose all already registered persons will be informed separately how and from when on a possible refund of the entry fee can be carried out.
- We are already in coordination with the responsible authorities and the executive to ensure that the already communicated routes can be driven on the alternate date as planned.
- The further registration for the Wachauer Radtage and Vintage Tour is currently paused until the above mentioned points are clarified.
- We will keep you regularly informed about current developments via our communication channels (website, e-mail, newsletter, social networks).
We would like to take this opportunity to ask for your understanding for the fact that we are facing organizational challenges that we have not experienced in 21 years of Wachauer Radtage. Our team is working under high pressure to find the best possible solution, because our participants as well as our event are very dear to us. As soon as we have reached a final decision in coordination with authorities and partners, we will get back to you immediately.
We thank you for your loyalty, your understanding and your patience. In the meantime we wish you beautiful and safe training rides with enough distance.
Your Wachauer Radtage Team